Walk Upstream with Raise on the Yarra River Walk being held on Saturday 11 November 2017 in Melbourne. We need your help, so Lace up your boots and get walking for Raise! Register to Walk Upstream with Raise this November and join the river of Raise t-shirts walking Upstream. Help us make our target of $60,000 in 2017 to change the lives of more young people in Victoria. The Upstream Challenge is an annual walk (or run!) along the beautiful Yarra River trails of Melbourne. It’s not a race. It is all about having fun and most of all, it’s about raising awareness and funds for several really inspiring projects. Raise Foundation is thrilled to have been selected as one of the three beneficiary charities by the Upstream Foundation in 2017.
- You have a choice! You can either register for a 50km walk or run from Melbourne to Donvale, or choose the 20km option from Heidelberg to Donvale.
- You can enter as an individual, join an existing Raise Team or start your own.
- There is no registration fee, however each participant must commit to collect a minimum of $200 in donations, $50 of which will need to be donated at the time of registration.
- All donations over $2 are tax deductible.
When you nominate Raise Foundation as your charity, 100% of your donation goes directly to creating new mentoring programs for young people in Victoria.
Not into walking? You can still be part of Upstream!
- Help us spread the word, tell your friends, schools, community groups and sporting clubs. Put up posters, hand out postcards, send emails, share on Facebook, or hashtag like a boss with #UpstreamWithRaise
- Sponsor a Raise walker or team for any amount you can manage. Every little bit helps a young person.
- Connect us with someone who would make a great ambassador, or who can provide us with items for gift bags.
- Volunteer to help us out on the day at our checkpoint, email Sarah Doyle on firstname.lastname@example.org