Recruitment is now closed for 2019. We would encourage you to sign up for 2020 by completing the application form on this page.
It is our vision at Raise to create thriving communities by empowering young people to become resilient, capable and connected. We know the power of having someone neutral to talk to, who really listens and actually hears you, is extraordinary. Mentors can change thinking and save lives. If you would love to help empower a young person, this video will show you the easy steps of becoming a qualified Raise Mentor. Please note that all volunteers are interviewed and screened to ensure their suitability, and not all volunteer applications are accepted.
How Does It Work?
We take your role of being a Raise mentor seriously. Below you can find the Mentor Position Description, how to apply for your Youth Safe Checks, where our programs run and our training dates and locations.
To ensure the best outcomes for our young people, you are required to be:
- 21 years old as at 1st May (we have no maximum age)
- Available for 2 hours weekly during school hours
- Able to commit for 23 weeks between March and September, with minimum 85% attendance
- Commitment to attend 12 hours of (online and face to face) training. That’s it, no other qualifications are required!
Youth Safe, Youth Friendly
Raise Foundation is committed to being a Youth Safe, Youth Friendly organisation and will, for all children and young people who come into contact with its programs:
- provide welcoming, safe and nurturing services for children
- work to prevent child abuse and neglect within our services
- appropriately and immediately address child abuse and neglect if it occurs
- place the interests of any young person suffering harm, or at risk of harm, above the interests of any other individual or the organisation